The webinar is presented by Randy Gardner, J.D., LL.M., MBA, CPA, CFP®. Here is a brief summary: It’s a common myth that estate planning is only for wealthy families. But the fact remains that estate planning is not about the value of what you own, but the way you value what you have. Many Americans are not aware that the lack of proper planning often results in chaos for those left behind – especially if a family business is involved. Recent surveys show that three major reasons clients plan are to minimize discord among heirs, to avoid lengthy probate courts, and to protect children from mismanaging their inheritance.
Nationally-known estate planning attorney Randy Gardner explains the fundamentals of estate planning using terms you can understand. Gardner will also discuss:
- Why everyone over the age of 18 should have an estate plan or will.
- Why couples with young children must have an estate plan addressing guardianship.
- Why it’s necessary to plan for incapacity that enables another person to make health care decisions.
- How a Revocable Living Trust can help your beneficiaries avoid costly probate and delays.
- How to avoid the pitfalls of using do-it-yourself wills and estate planning forms.